Free book: Tales from the Study 1

 

Here’s the first in a series of free-to-download books of original fiction, written by Charles Hamilton II

Tales From The Study Vol 1, comprises stories from St Francis Independent Grammar School (St FIGS.)

It’s a traditional school – traditional curriculum; traditional sports; traditional uniform and traditional discipline. Meet John Allison, eighteen years old and a new boy at school, as he discovers just what that means.

The thwack of the cane against stretched buttocks echoes through the passageways. No naughty sixth-former is spared a throbbing backside. As John himself will soon find out.

The book runs for more than 23,000 words and can be downloaded by following the link below. The PDF file can be read on computers, laptops and a variety of e-book readers.

Follow this link to find the book

 

Extract from Housemaster’s Double Caning

“DA SILVA IN here now,” I heard the order barked out knowing my time had come, so I opened the door and entered the lion’s den. I had been summoned to this room many times before. Nothing had changed since my last visit: a large bookcase stretched across the wall in front of me. To my left was a small couch where guests would sit, large stuffed chairs on either side. To my right was the housemaster’s huge mahogany desk, clean and tidy, and polished to perfection. But, despite the abundance of furniture, all I could focus on was the prominent display behind the desk. Attached to the wall was a large wooden cabinet with a glass door. Through the glass I could see three crock-handled canes. They were light brown, slender, and slightly warped from years of use. Mr. Hill, my housemaster, was seated at his desk, dressed in his formal gown, with a dark suit under it. “Stand there,” he pointed to a spot on the worn rug directly in front of his desk. I cannot ever remember in my seven years at the school having seen Mr. Hill smile. This day was to be no exception.

Picture credit: Unknown.

For more Original Fiction, click here

Traditional School Discipline

Traditionalschooldiscipline@gmail.com

 


Comments

Popular Posts