Movie: My Boss, My Teacher

 

It’s really quite difficult to explain the 2006 Korean movie My Boss, My Teacher. For a start it’s sometimes called My Boss, My Student and when you go online to find more information it often gets confused with a previous movie, My Boss, My Hero.

It’s gangster comedy. As one online reviewer puts it, Gye Doo-Shik is a gangster with a high school degree. However, after being pressured to earn a college degree by his boss, Doo-Shik sends his right hand man Sang-Do instead, who impersonates Doo-Shik as a charming college student. Meanwhile, dumb-but-loyal lieutenant Dumb-Garl comes up with new ways to embarrass his boss, earning constant punishment from both Doo-Shik and his bossy wife for his stupidity. Doo-Shik is discovered by his boss and is forced to finish the degree himself via a student teacher program at a local high school, where he teaches a class on, what else, ethics.

On the first day of class, Doo-Shik realizes that his boss, looking to complete his own high school education, has unknowingly enrolled in the class as a student. Ordered to treat his boss the same as his fellow students, Doo-Shik now has to protect his boss from other bullies, while also subjecting his boss to various forms of corporal punishments.

There is much more plot ...

In this clip Doo-Shik punishes students for being late to school.

Picture and video credit: C J Entertainment.

For Movie Clips, click here

For TV drama, click here

Traditional School Discipline

Traditionalschooldiscipline@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts