TV Drama: Ratbag hero

 

Ratbag Hero is an Australian television “mini-series” set in the 1930s in the Murray River area and about the Kelsall family, especially Mick, played by Cameron Nugent.

Apparently, the series from 1990 was well-received by critics and viewers, but it seems to have all but disappeared today.

I’m not sure if it was meant to be a “comedy-drama” but the scenes at school with the cane-loving headmaster, played, I think, by Christopher Elliott, are a hoot. I don’t know if Australian television has an award for over-acting, but he is a definite shoo-in.

I don’t know how old Cameron Nugent was when he played the role of Mick, but he would not look out of place in a video from Sting Pictures in its early years (all models were aged 18 or over.)

I have edited together a number of short scenes.

 

Picture and video credit: Ratbag Hero Productions.

For TV drama, click here

For Movie Clips, click here

Traditional School Discipline

Traditionalschooldiscipline@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts