Against caning on the hand
A lengthy contribution from 1962 in the
debate on whether schoolboys should be caned on the hand or instead where
nature has provided.
As
published in the Dorset Echo (Weymouth), 13 March 1962
Picture credit: Generated by
Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)
Traditionalschooldiscipline@gmail.com







In general I agree with the correspondent when it comes to caning hands although the schools I attended caned bottoms not hands. I feel sure there is a risk of damaging the small bones in the hand and/orwrist with a cane and imagine that with a strap or tawse there is less risk of doing so. On regular occasions I had some fairly nasty weals across my backside that may well have done more permanent damage if administered to hands. TR
ReplyDeleteBoys should always have been caned on their bottoms bent over chair or desk to much damage could be done to hands…
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful boy in his smart red blazer, white shirt and red tie hanging down to his belt! Who would not want him to bend down and touch the floor for a severe caning?
ReplyDelete.