The new Head at Albion School

 Original Fiction – for adult eyes only

Upon my arrival as the new headmaster of Albion School I was flabbergasted to be told by the Chairman of the Governors that they did not approve of the cane as a punishment. I thought the man was soft in the head but I had no choice but to go along with his absurd dictate.

I soon discovered that discipline was extremely lax across the whole school from the youngest to the most senior boy. Morale among the staff was low as they had few sanctions to use when the boys misbehaved. The imposition of lines or an hour’s detention are sufficient for minor indiscretions, but what could one do with the repeat offender or the boy who commits a serious matter.

I make it my business to teach at least one sixth-form class each term and that gives me the opportunity to get to know some of the senior boys. I was aghast from the very first moment I set foot in the classroom. The boys were slovenly in their dress (and a great number of them were overdue a visit to the barber), inattentive in my lessons and slack in their studies. I would not have tolerated this at my previous schools and I did not intend to do so at Albion.

The sixth-form boys were not that different from others I had taught. Like all eighteen-year-olds they were under the misapprehension that they were no longer children. And as ‘adults’ they supposed the rules of the school did not apply to them. There was also the occasional act of rebellion. That is quite natural, however, it is the schoolmaster’s duty to reign the boys in. They must be given clear boundaries as to their behaviour. They are told these are the rules and here are the penalties for breaking them. Naturally, the whippy, rattan cane is the ultimate penalty. But not at Albion.

My sixth-formers were out of control. As soon as I realised this I announced a clear set of rules. I expected homework to be handed in on time. All the boys should be prepared for the lessons and be able to contribute intelligently to the class discussions. They would wear correct uniform (including the school cap). They would be expected to be on the school premises at all time, even when not required in the classroom.

So far, so good. I had set out the boundaries, but I was unable to announce a set of sanctions for those who broke the rules. Drat, the Board of Governors, did they not realise how they hampered the smooth running of the school. I have to report that there was no change in the boys’ behaviour of any note. I imposed extra essays to boys who failed to do their homework. I realise the futility of such a punishment when the original offence was not doing work. I was loathe to set detentions as I would have to supervise them and that would eat into my valuable time. Oh how I yearned to swish a cane across a few backsides. That would bring the brats to their senses.

I was at home one evening sinking into a depression when the solution struck me. You might say it was a ‘eureka moment’. The answer was simple. I almost slapped the heel of my hand across my forehead when I thought of it. The blithering Chairman of Governors had said he opposed the use of the cane but he had not forbidden me to use corporal punishment. I settled back with a glass of whisky and began to plan.

Of course, the cane is not the only instrument of punishment used by schoolmasters. There are many who use a gym shoe, or a strap of some kind. Our Scotch friends have used a two or three tailed taws for generations. Our American cousins use some kind of miniature cricket bat to paddle the backsides of their boys. In truth none of these were easily available to me. If I wanted to make an immediate impact on the level of misbehaviour at Albion I would have to be creative.

I had the opportunity to launch my new regime the very next day. Rawlinson and Anderson were two of the more incorrigible rogues of the sixth-form. In the past I had cause to berate each of them over their personal appearance and their slacking in class. Now, they had been discovered ‘out of bounds’ during school day. They had skipped into town for reasons of their own. This action was against my expressed instructions. They would have to be punished severely. At any other sane school that would have meant six-of-the-best across the seat of the trousers. But not at Albion.

I am a man of great self-confidence (I could not have attained the position of headmaster if I were not) and I had no doubt at all that my plan would work. It was lunchtime when I heard a timid tap on the door of my study. As expected it was Rawlinson and Anderson. I have to report that they did not have the manner that I would expect from boys sent to the headmaster’s study after breaking a clear rule. In short they did not seem in the least bit worried. They did not actually say out loud, “What do we have to be worried about?” but I could read their thoughts in their expressions. I would soon knock the cockiness out of them.

They had not bothered to attend in their full school uniform. It was as if they had just popped in for a social chat. My blood began to simmer. They wore the regulation white shirts and pale-grey trousers with the dark-blue tie with the school crest. Where were their blazers, their school caps? When I demanded an explanation all I received were incredulous stares. Clearly, it had not occurred to them to dress formally. Rawlinson had neatly cut hair but his companion’s mop of unruly curls fell across his forehead and threatened to cover his eyes. I decided not to press the point; I had bigger fish to fry.

I snapped my fingers indicating that they should stand in front of my desk. They slumbered forward and slouched. “Stand up straight!” I barked. My tone of voice disturbed them and they made a perfunctory effort. I have many years of experience dealing with naughty schoolboys. I don’t beat about the bush (only about the bottom – sorry that’s a headmaster’s joke) I read the charges, they offer explanations, I pronounce sentence and it is carried out immediately.

So it was that I asked Rawlinson and Anderson if they knew the rules about leaving school premises. They did. Had they been out with out permission. They had. So they were guilty as charged. Now I was ready to pronounce sentence. “You will take off your trousers and underpants and place them on my desk.”

Rawlinson’s jaw dropped; Anderson’s eyes stood on stalks. They were dumbfounded. I repeated my instruction in a harsher tone, adding “I am going to spank each of you.” for extra explanation. Rawlinson’s chin wobbled. He now understood that I was serious. Anderson was made of sterner stuff, “But sir,” he babbled, “You .. we .. you ...” He wanted to protest but in the confusion of the moment he was unable to find sufficient words. While he gibbered, I rose and took up a straight-backed wooden chair and placed it in the middle of the study. Then I turned to the boys, “Don’t dawdle. Afternoon school begins shortly.”

I will not trouble you with details of the conversation that ensued. But in summary it went like this: They thoroughly deserved the spanking they were about to receive, if they chose not to accept it they would be sent home immediately and later suspended and expelled. They would not sit their exams and their futures would be ruined. It was entirely their choice.

I am pleased to report they saw sense. I grant you that it would be difficult for eighteen-year-old boys to disrobe in front of one another and their headmaster in the way I demanded, but Rawlinson and Anderson were up to the task. Their regulation school shirts were long and covered most of what the prudish prefer to call “their private parts”. I ordered Rawlinson to face the wall, I sat on the chair, spread my legs, glared at Anderson and in time-honoured fashion intoned, “Bend over my knee.” I have no doubt that generations of naughty boys have heeded the instruction from their fathers or other family members but not from a headmaster. I grant you my method of discipline was unorthodox for a school but we must blame the blasted Chairman of the Governors for that.

I have no knowledge of Anderson’s homelife. I do not know his father or his father’s views on punishment. What I can say with total conviction is that once my intention to spank him on his bared bottom was clear he gave no resistance. He looked down at my lap, took a deep breath and then slowly and with some expertise lowered himself forward. He stretched his arms forward and placed the palms of his hands on the carpet. He was a tall boy and he was required to bend his knees so that his toes brushed the floor. His bottom jutted at a perfect angle to receive the attentions of my hand. There was once more task to perform before I could start the deserved punishment. I gripped the tail of his shirt which at that moment covered his buttocks and roughly pushed it up his back. I was rewarded with two hairless buttocks, quivering with anticipation.

I confess until that day I had no experience spanking boys’ bottoms. Although I had occasionally caned a boy ‘on the bare’ I had never seen a pair of naked buttocks up close. It surprised me that the palm of my right hand appeared to be roughly the size of one of Anderson’s cheeks. When I tested this theory by resting my hand on his bottom, Anderson’s shoulders shuddered. I am not a man to rest on my laurels. Anderson had submitted himself across my knee. He was ready to take his punishment, now I must get on with it.

Anderson’s bottom was firm and meaty and there was very little ‘give’ in it. That is his bum did not wobble each time the palm of my hand connected with it. I set to with gusto delivering hard spanks at rapid speed. The sound of hand on bottom was a dull thud-thud-thud. Anderson’s body tensed but beyond that there was little evidence that he was distressed. I increased the power and in no time the imprint of my hand was reproduced dozens of times across his bottom. I made it my business to catch every square inch of his buttocks. The cheeks were small and my hand large so it did not take much time to achieve this.

I turned my attention to the back of the thighs. Anderson’s legs kicked. It seemed to me to be a reflex action. I walloped away and very soon I realised that the palm of my hand might indeed be hurting much more than his bottom. Certainly, the boy lay across my lap stoically. He did not appear to be in much discomfort. Of course, an eighteen-year-old probably wouldn’t be much troubled by such a spanking. That is why the cane is a much more effective punishment tool. That said, I am certain that the fact that he had been spanked on his bare bottom while submissively bent across the knee of his headmaster would have a beneficial effect on his future behaviour.

I let Anderson stand and he hovered in some confusion until I ordered him to the wall and called on Rawlinson to take his place. The look of horror on his face was a joy to behold and that was before I had laid a palm across his naked bottom. “Bend over my knee,” I realised I was quite enjoying myself. He did as he was told. His bottom was a little softer than his partner in crime and I took delight in the way that my hand sank into the flesh. I have no idea whether a spanking hurts more if the bottom is hard or firm. I cannot see how scientists could develop an experiment to find out.

Rawlinson took his spanking like a man (what a strange figure of speech; what kind of spanking does a man ever receive?) There were still a few minutes before afternoon school started so I ordered the pair of them to stand and face the wall. That would give them time to contemplate their behaviour. It also gave me an opportunity to admire my own handiwork. The redness on their cheeks was disappearing before my eyes.

I concluded that spanking the two sixth-formers across my knee was an unusual punishment and in terms of the amount of pain it inflicted rather ineffectual. But the experience of the punishment (for them and for me) was awesome and I concluded immediately that I would repeat it on others. I doubted that Rawlinson nor Anderson would boast of their experience in my study to their fellow pupils so it would have no deterrent effect on discipline in the school.

Oh well, I sighed once the pair had left my study, I would be obliged to spank a few more bare backsides before order was properly restored.

Picture credits: Sting Pictures

 

For more Original Fiction, click here

 

Traditional School Discipline

Traditionalschooldiscipline@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts